Methods and Details of ADD/ADHD Coaching
Coaching is provided in-person (N.E. Seattle in the Wedgwood neighborhood) or over the phone if you live far away or find it more convenient.
Benefits of Phone Coaching:
If you have never considered coaching by phone, it works very well! All you need is a private space and a notebook or other method to take notes as we talk. Here are some benefits and reasons why most of my clients prefer this method.
- No matter where you are, we can talk from the comfort of your own environment.
- You save gas, time, and parking fees.
- We can schedule our sessions to fit into your life wherever you have access to a quiet private space. I have a client who talks with me in a conference room during her lunch hour at work. Another meets with me from the warmth of her car during her sonís soccer practices. And yet another calls me from the usually empty study room in his dorm.
- We can talk during nap or movie time for your kids so you donít have to pay for a babysitter or after school care. And I am very patient if you get interrupted. (I understand because I have three kids of my own!)
- You can pace, fidget, or do whatever helps you focus while we talk. You donít have to worry about sitting still or being observed in any way.
- We can occasionally use the ďseize the momentĒ coaching approach. If there is something you absolutely HAVE to get done but keep putting it off, I can call you every 15 minutes (or whatever time interval you would like) until you get it done or at least started and well on your way. This has helped people with everything from paying their bills to finishing a math assignment.
- You can come to our sessions in your pajamas!
Because self-understanding, developing new habits, and change take time, I ask that you commit to coaching for at least one month - although most of my clients have been with me longer. A month is four weeks in a row regardless of when it starts.
Coaching is flexible. I save one hour a week for each client, but have found that some people get fidgety and ready to close after 20 minutes and others want to use the whole hour and more! For follow-up and check-ins, we can email or text in between sessions.
Fees: For information, please see Fees and Payments page.