How I Coach Adults with ADD/ADHD in Seattle and Nationwide
The goals of ADD/ADHD coaching are to help you let go of self-blame, lessen distractions, learn to manage your time, develop new habits, and learn skills to help you start and finish the things you want (or need) to do. To help you reach this goal, I will:
- Provide a safe, non-judgmental place where you can express your frustrations and dreams
- Ask lots of questions to help you figure things out.
- Teach you about executive function and help you identify how ADD/ADHD is impacting your life.
- Help you define your goals and co-create a plan to reach them.
- Introduce you to strategies and systems to help you manage your time, get organized, start and finish tasks, and stay focused.
- Point out your strengths and gifts, even when you don’t see them.
- Reduce any sense of isolation by sharing stories and techniques that others have used to overcome their ADD/ADHD challenges. (Anonymously, of course!)
- Show you ways to recognize, change, or silence self-blame and critical self-talk.
- Offer encouragement, support, and whatever reminders you need to keep you on track.
- Support you while you try out new approaches. If one strategy doesn’t work, we’ll figure out why together. Then we’ll tweak it or keep trying new strategies until we find one that does.
- When applicable, suggest methods to help you manage your medications.
- Refer you to resources and other qualified professionals.
- Share methods to reduce stress.
- Celebrate your successes!
If you are interested in exploring monthly ADD/ADHD coaching, please contact me. I look forward to talking with you.